11/27/2005 01:03:00 AM / /

Toefl practice

Sorry, its not because i want to show my english ability...sorry, not because i want to be admitted as someone who knows english well....sorry, its not for feeding my ego so much(please read it with intonation like one character in Bajaj Bajuri tv serial ^_^). Recently i've been trying to empower this languange skill, especially in grammar area. Im practicing 4 my toefl which (if everythin stick 2 the plan) will be held at 17Dec. It forces me to digging up my old book of grammar, and remembering about tenses, particles, noun, verbs and those tiny details of languange. Its been a long time, since high school time when I study that stuff.

Off course many books i read on University time written in english, Internet and also technical reference shaping my passive understanding skills and limited only on the technical phrase of engineering. On one sentence u dont have to understand each word of it, but only the keyword and you'll know what a pharagraph want to tell you something or want to do anythin with the system. The words it self bloated with a phrase2 that only having spesific meaning in the computer world, so it'll become a little awkward if its implemented on general languange (just as term "mouse" or "bottleneck" or even "bandwith")

Its easier when you talk to someone, since many foreigner here will choose to use a little slang languange than formal one. May be just like when we say : "Teman2 kalian ingin pergi kemana ?" tend to say with "Woy, mo kemana ?" Unfortunately this is not the toefl juror want to know. Yeah, a lot of money will be bet on this test, so...its too bad when the score doesnt fulfill my expectation....

wish me luck guys....

Labels: